What is Gulden Trader?
Gulden Trader is a cryptocurrency exchange. At the heart of GuldenTrader are central limit order books for a wide array of high-quality cryptocurrencies. Users can deposit, trade and withdraw Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies against EURO and bitcoin and benefit from an advanced trading interface. Gulden Trader is a leading Dutch cryptocurrency platform in which the user can easily, effortless and safely buy and trade NLGs.
The founders of Gulden Trader are intimately involved with the Gulden Community. At the very beginning we saw the many different possibilities of Gulden as a fast, cheap and safe digital currency with a lot of other benefits for the users.
Three months after the birth of Gulden in 2014 Gulden Trader launched its first website. Since October 2016 a new platform launched. A platform allowing users to easily buy and sell Guldens, safe and easy with iDeal.
Working on the Guldentrader platform, everyday brings new challenges. By listening to our users’ feedback we build new features and refine the platform for a better experience.
A Beginner’s guide to Gulden Trader
The first thing you need to do after creating your Gulden Trader account is to optimise your security settings. Gulden Trader provides an advanced range of security features that users can enable to increase their account security and further protect their funds.
As a bare minimum, we insist for all users to create a strong, unique password for their Gulden Trader account, and to combine this with Google 2FA. It is extremely important that you note down your 2FA key, made visible during the setup process, saved offline/in a secure location! A failure to do this can, in a worst case scenario, result in account lockouts lasting days.
We have a number of additional recommendations for all users who wish to ensure the safety of their funds
• Enable two-factor authentication (2FA).
• Lock withdrawals when a new IP address is used.
• Withdawals must be confirmed by email.
• Lock or disable withdrawal addresses for all currencies.
• Disable "Keep Session Alive".
• Limit access to your account based on IP address.
• Enable PGP email encryption.
Making a deposit
Making a deposit
You can fund your Gulden Trader account by depositing tokens from your external wallet or a third party exchange.
To do this - Go to https://exchange.guldentrader.com Select the token you’d like to deposit to your Gulden Trader account. For a list of available tokens, see here.
If you want to deposit Euros, please do a banktransfer as described op the deposit EUR page
Making a withdrawal
Withdrawal on exchange
You can choose to withdraw your tokens to a valid address through the withdrawal section of your Guldentrader account.
1. Make your way to the withdrawal page.
2. Select the currency you would like to withdraw. For a list of available tokens, see here.
3. Fill in the external address to which you will be sending your tokens.
4. Choose the amount you wish to withdraw.
5. Press Request Withdrawal.
6. Fill out your TFA
7: Confirm your withdrawal in the email we send you
How long will the verification process take?
Verification takes 1-2 days; however, during periods of high popularity and media scrutiny, verification is likely to take longer due to an influx of new users. You will be notified by mail when your account is verified.
Do I need to verify my account to trade?
Yes, you do need to verify your account to start trading on Gulden Trader. Verification is required for all users.
No expiration date on ID
If your ID does not have an expiration date, please select the last date available on our verification page.
What happens to my documents
We use your documents for verification purposes only. In future releases we will remove the documents once your account is verified.
Trading in Gulden Trader
Buying on Gulden Trader
1. Make sure your funds are in your wallet. ( You can transfer your Guldens from the Gulden app to the Gulden Trader wallet easily by copying your Gulden Trader address directly into your Gulden app. )
2. Go to the Market page and choose the pair you want to trade. ( For example NLG/EUR or NLG/TCN )
3. Enter the amount you wish to buy in NLG.
4. Enter the amount you wish to buy at in EUR.
5. The total amount to pay is displayed automatically.
6. Click on buy
Selling on Gulden Trader
If you wish to sell your coins for another currency there are a few simple steps you need to go through. Here you’ll find the walkthrough:
1. Make sure you have the right funds in your wallet you wish to sell.
2. Go to https://exchange.guldentrader.com/markets
3. Select the currency you wish to sell.
4. Enter the amount of the currency you wish to sell.
5. Enter the sell price of the desired currency.
6. You’ll automatically see the amount you will receive.
7. Click on Sell.
Two Factor-Authentication (2FA)
Google Authenticator adds a second level of security between an attacker and withdrawal confirmations, password changes, API key creation, and logins by using a Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP) and HMAC-based One-time Password Algorithm (HOTP) for authenticating users.
Google Authenticator provides a six- to eight-digit one-time password which users must provide in addition to their username and password to log into Gulden Trader and modify services or security settings.
Enabling Google Authenticator 2FA is a straightforward process and has a large impact on the security of your Gulden Trader account.
To get set up -
1. Visit your account Account Security settings, open the Two-Factor Authentication drop-down menu and click the Setup button below Google Authenticator:
2. Next, scan the QR code with the 2FA app on your phone and enter the 6 digit pin provided by the app in the text box above Enable: It is of critical importance that you write down the Account Token Key. In case you lose access to your 2FA device, the above key will be essential for you to gain quick access to your account.
3. Upon entering the right code, you should receive the following message: ‘’ Almost Done! Please check your email to complete the setup of Google Authenticator two-factor authentication.’’
4. You should then receive an email.
Open the link in the same browser which you used to log into Gulden Trader.
Just like that, Google Authenticator is installed on your account. The Google 2FA codes will now be required whenever you log in, withdraw or change critical account settings. If any of the above steps fail, or if you happen to see any error notifications returned, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the error in as much detail as possible.
Deposits are free and have no fee
Withdrawal fees are different for each coin.
EURO withdrawal fee is 0,25 Euro for IBAN accounts
EURO withdrawal fee is minimal 5,00 EURO for non-iban accounts
NLG withdrawal fee is 0.2 NLG
Minimum Order size
The minimum trade is 2 euro.
The minimum trade 10 NLG or the equivalent of 2 Euros.